There are many options for you to select from when planning for a new countertop purchase. Colour and pattern are crucial. However, every kind of countertop has a wide array of patterns and colours to choose from so don’t get too caught up here until you have identified what type of countertop will best suit your needs. The first thing you require to do is know what is essential for you. Your lifestyle should be involved in your decision-making process.
Consider these questions when researching countertop products:
1. How often do you use your kitchen? Heavily used kitchens need heavy-duty countertops like Solid Surface (Corian), Granite, or Quartz.
2. Do you have children? Let’s face it; kids can be rough on a home. A countertop that is repairable like Solid Surface can save a lot of money when damage occurs to your countertop.
3. Are you meticulous about cleaning? Granite countertops are the most beautiful product for sure but do require more care than Quartz or Solid Surface to keep them looking nice.
4. Are you more of a shiny and hard or silky and soft kind of person? –Stone products like Granite and Quartz have a high-gloss finish but are also cold and hard. Solid Surface, like Corian, traditionally has a matte or satin finish and feels warm and soft to the touch.
5. Is a warranty important to you? Product warranties are now an industry standard, even with Granite. Sensa Granite by Cosentino offers a nice range of colours and also a 15-year warranty against stains without sealing. All of the popular brands of Quartz and Solid Surface brands also carry warranties. Some companies also offer Lifetime Warranties on some products.
Once you have a good handle on these considerations, it will be much easier to select a product that fits your needs. Then it’s just a matter of selecting the right colour. This can be tricky. You need to consider the colours of your cabinets, floors, walls, and type of lighting.
You should always take colour samples home to see how they look in your kitchen environment. Lighting and surround colours have a significant effect on the colour of your countertop. It’s important to make sure that all of the colours “work” well together. A reputable and experienced countertop company can help you with this process, and probably will not charge you to do so.
With a little research, thoughtful consideration, and a helping hand from a reputable professional the process of replacing your countertops can be easy and you’ll be sure to love your new kitchen.